Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8

Joe Cool Visits Brookgreen Gardens with His Mom.
My mom was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and grew up there. She and my dad met during the last years of WWII, and, after they married, they moved to my dad's home territory of upstate New York. From my earliest memories, we visited her family in Atlanta at least once a year, almost always in the spring. This photo was taken on our last such trip as a family (the next year's spring was taken up with preparations for me to move away to college), on a stop at Brookgreen Gardens near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Date: March, 1964
Location: Brookgreen Gardens, South Carolina
By: LH


1 comment:

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Nifty! They change things a lot at Brookgreen, expand, move sculpture around, but that entrance pool and the live oak allée behind it is perennial.